Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Favorite Foursome

On Monday, I got to play with my favorite foursome: my 85 year-young Dad, niece, and nephew. Given that time is passing for each of us, I realize how much I cherish each time we go out to play.

My niece just graduated from University of Notre Dame and will be working at Deloitte in San Francisco. You can be assured she'll be using golf for business. Even if not playing with clients, she'll be able to talk the other language of business.

My nephew graduates from high school next Friday and then will be headed to Marquette University.

As you can imagine, I can't wait for see what the future brings for both of them and how they handle the good and not-go-good that may come along in their lives. Both are excellent golfers. Ryan is a 1.4 index and Melissa is still a single digit. I know that their time on the golf course has affected their personality, temperament, character and more. That's the beauty of golf. It's not just a game; it's so much more. It's time spent with loved ones, lessons learned, and a sense of generosity that I can't imagine experiencing in any other sport. 

Then, there is my dad. Melissa and I were paired against Ryan and my dad. We were two up with two to go, and my dad sank clutch putts on both holes to tie our match. He was thrilled and the three of us were even more ecstatic for him.Golf is my dad's therapy and it energizes him more than anything I've seen him do.

Who is in your favorite foursome? I am going to enjoy these more than ever, regardless of how I play.


No comments: