Monday, June 11, 2007

Played Pebble Beach on a Beautiful Day!

I had a fabulous day of dining and golf at Pebble Beach on Sunday with Pebble's LPGA Master Professional, Sally Dodge. It was an absolute treat to play the west coast shrine of golf! We had a beautiful day with low winds and hazy sunshine! (If I can, I'll post some pics.)

Unfortunately players aren't allowed to take the carts on the path. That inconvenience cost me a couple of shots on the number 1 rated hole. I also think it slows down play. The balls on the driving range state "4:30" and I had no idea what that meant. So, I asked the staff and they said players should finish the course in four and one-half hours.

Difficult to do with walking back and forth to get your clubs, and taking the time to gawk at the stunning views and magnificent estates along the course.

The greens are small and bumpy like Tiger has always complained about, but I'm used to similar conditions at my course, Mira Vista Golf and Country Club, in El Cerrito, CA, about 2.5 hours north of Pebble. I'll take bumpy greens any day to play Pebble on such a beautiful day.

I'm sure with howling winds and fog hovering over the course, it's a difficult track, but yesterday, it was just a sparkling gem!

No comments: