Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tiger Faking It

Retief Goosen thought Tiger was faking his pain and trying to create drama at the Open. I've been a fan of Retief's, but this is the most preposterous thing I've ever heard. Tiger doesn't need to fake anything to create drama. His playing in a Major is enough drama as it is. This will be clear to everyone, including Retief, when the next two Majors are played sans Tiger.

In Retief's defense, he was playing and finished T14 at 5 over. He may not have seen Tiger's grimaces, his limping off the tee box, using his clubs as canes, rather than his weapons.

I've had pain caused by a herniated disc in my neck that made me understand why people commit suicide because of their constant high pain levels. At my worst, if anyone touched any part of my body, I felt excruciating pain. I don't know what pain level Tiger suffered when swinging 130 mph on his leg with two stress fractures in his left tibia and a torn ACL, but I have a feeling it's more than Retief has ever felt, except maybe when he was struck by lightning when he was a kid and has since forgotten the pain.

Retief, a little compassion and an apology to Tiger are appropriate right now.

1 comment:

Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder Women in Ecommerce said...

Dear Suzanne,

Just discovered your blog and wanted to say how much I am enjoying the tour! You have an excellent, content-rich resource and I am excited to have found you.

In fact, I listed your blog in my summer review of Women bloggers to Watch for 2008 at http://virtualwomansday.blogspot.com/. Please stop by and leave a comment.

Many thanks…keep up the great work!

Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder & CEO
Women’s eCommerce Association - http://www.wecai.org