Thursday, May 05, 2005

Soar with the Eagles

In the New York Times, an article talked about how Tiger Woods and Annika Sorenstam have become good friends. It's fitting that the best players in our lifetime on their respective tours can talk about golf, the pressures of their success, and life in general.

When I speak to groups, I always encourage beginners to find players of slightly more advanced skills. I have often noticed that my game is lifted to another level when I play with golfers that are better players than I am. Whether it's watching the tempo of their swings, or picking up on their confidence levels, it just seems to happen.

It's not to say that I don't want to play with players that aren't as good as I am. They can be fun to play with simply because of their personalities. I just don't want beginners to think they have to play with only beginners. Instead, they need to soar with the golf eagles, and improve their games!

No comments: