Monday, September 21, 2009

Went Into Withdrawals

There wasn't a PGA Tour event this last weekend, and I sure felt it. Yes, I know the 30 top point leaders are getting ready to play in the TOUR Championship this weekend as the FedEx Cup nears end. But, since when did the PGA Tour have a bye week for the entire Tour?

I even recall other tournaments being held for those who didn't make it into another tournament. During the Open, there is a PGA Tour event for those who didn't qualify. Or, even during one of the WGC Championships, there is a PGA Tour event for those who weren't invited.

I was in S. Lake Tahoe until Sunday, and the house there doesn't have a t.v., so I wouldn't have been able to watch a tournament even if it were on. I didn't play because I had some work to do, but it hasn't stopped me in the past from going to Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. While there, I get to be lake-side, grab a drink with lunch, and watch a couple hours of a tournament. Or, going to PGATour.com and following the leaders and news online several times during the weekend.

But, this weekend, there was nothing to follow! Well, I guess I'll have to get used to it as we approach the end of the season. After I got home, though, I watched the final hole of the LPGA's Samsung Championship. I did enjoy the intrigue as the leader hit into the water unfortunately, and the runner-up later made birdie on the final hole to win.

Yes, a definite realization of how much I'm addicted to either playing or following Tiger, Phil, Jim, Steve and the rest of the guys on the PGA Tour. Although not a fan of addictions in general, this is one that I like and will keep:)!

No comments: