Sunday, June 07, 2009

Federer Learns from Woods?

I'm watching the French Open and Federer is trying to win this elusive career Grand Slam title today. He's hitting a forehand shot that has so much spin that the ball lands and barely bounces forward. It reminds me of Tiger hitting one of his shots with a lot of spin into the green. Tiger makes the ball snake back because he hits with grooves that bite into the ball. Federer, of course, can't get that much back spin on the ball, but his soft forehand is an amazing shot to watch. I've never seen it before, and it's won Federer several points in this second match.

Tiger and Federer are very good friends. I'm sure each has text messaged the other about each of their finals today. I wouldn't be surprised if the top competitors in their respective sports have collaborated to improve their games.

Good luck, Roger!

No comments: