Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tiger Does It Again & Two-Putter Sergio

When I turned on the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, Tiger was two down with five or six holes to play. With the t.v. on mute and working on a new project, I saw he was three down with four or five to play, and thought the talk about winning every tournament he plays in this year is history. After working some more and looking up at the t.v., I saw he was tied at 16. Then, I had to go out, so I taped the rest of the match.

Anxious to watch the rest of the match, to my surprise (though I really shouldn't be by now), I see Tiger won 1 up. He can sink putts (of any distance) when he needs them better than any Tour player I've seen. His intimidation factor is also too much for most players, veterans and relative newbies, like J.B. Holmes, alike. I look forward to seeing if Tiger can make it three tournaments in a row. After his come back today, he looks unstoppable.

Everyone who follows golf knows Sergio struggles with his putting. Just like Phil put two drivers in his bag at the Masters, Sergio put two putters in his bag today--his belly putter and his short putter. It worked for him today as he goes onto his next match. Since putting is 50% or more of our score, why not?

What will we see next in golfers' bags? What will be the Tiger antidote? Whether two drivers or two putters, everyone on Tour is still searching.

No comments: