Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sergio DQ-ed for Signing an Incorrect Card

It's Saturday morning, the third round of the last major of the year, PGA Championship. Sergio Garcia just got disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. He had a 5 on a hole, but the scorecard had a 4 for him. Thus, he's been disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. Ouch! Not that Sergio was in contention, but that is not the way you want to finish in a tournament.

Whether a pro or an amateur, you really need to be careful and know the basic rules of golf, especially if you play in tournaments. I just finished my club championship and I had my marker read off hole by hole my score to make sure I signed a correct scorecard. I finished first low net by the way and am thrilled!

Let's watch if Tiger follows up his 63 yesterday with another beautiful round! Good luck, Tiger!

No comments: